The Apple Saga

Apple users, are you excited! I know I am, especially knowing Apple is announcing the release of its new products. Just recently, Apple announced a bunch of new hardware and some software which included the Apple Watch Series 6, the Apple Watch SE, the new 8th generation iPad, the new iPad Air, Fitness+ workout services, Apple one service bundles, and the launch of IOS 14 on Wednesday. 

The iPhones were the only gadget that wasn't announced and expected a future launch, most likely sometime next month. As you're probably wondering, why am I telling you this? What does this mean for Apple?

Apple releases this same loadout of products every single year, just innovated and upgraded versions. Most of the time, there aren't many significant changes, just another edit to the design and camera. I guess this isn't too bad since we all appreciate clearer pictures and beautiful phones.

I just don't understand why do we Apple users are so loyal to the brand?  If it's nearly the same product every single release, why do we not change the brand off our phones?

Personally, I love everything about Apple. I once had a Samsung Galaxy phone, but I don't know what I was thinking of at the time. Ever since I switched to Apple 6 years ago, I never looked back. It's not like the Samsung phones are bad or anything. In fact, they may have better features that Apple tries to mimic from them. However,  I just can't see myself owning an android.


Part of it is due to Apple's great ecosystem. Most people, including myself, own either a combination of an iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, Macbook, or AirPods. It's inevitable. Another reason is the conformity I face when watching others share their experiences and express their feelings for Apple over Android. I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of any android slander. I wouldn't want to the one friend in the group that stands out, not being able to be in iMessage chats, Facetime, or partake in anything Apple-exclusive. 

It really comes down to the popularity of the brand. Apple continues to re-innovate, keeps strengthening its ecosystem, and overall is the superior brand. Therefore I am and will continue to be #TeamApple.

Fun Fact: Apple is a highly profitable company and its stock price is very cheap due to its 4-for-1 stock split. Right now would be a good time to invest!


Comments