"One Has To Go": Thanksgiving Edition


Ahhh, Turkey day is among us! Are you guys ready to stuff yourselves to sleep with all of this amazing food and eat until you can’t eat anymore? I know I’m for sure am.


Lately, there has been a trend around social media called “One Has To Go”. One post has caught my eye when the challenge presented a Thanksgiving edition where it gives everyone the option to drop their least favorite side dish.



Of course, the top favorite dishes from those options were: 

Greens


Most people would choose greens just because they don’t eat vegetables like that. For some reason, people give this type of food a bad reputation. Greens, collards, spinach, or any other vegetable in that category is presumed “nasty” by most. In fact, if seasoned right, those green juicy leaves are delicious!

Macaroni 


I don’t even want to go into detail with this one. If you know, you know! Macaroni is the goat of all side dishes. If you say otherwise, you’re crazy. I actually know people who hate it and I literally look at them like they’re aliens lol. It seems like people need to try my mom’s and grandma’s infamous macaroni. Trust me you’ll love macaroni for certain after that, especially if you haven’t already.
 

Sweet Potatoes 


Absolutely love them. They complete the “Holy Trinity” of side dishes (greens + macaroni + sweet potatoes). I don’t know why, but sweet potato pie tastes a little different than regular sweet potatoes so I could never really get hooked to that. Maybe it’s the brown sugar in sweet potatoes that brings out that taste. Nevertheless, amazing.

Cornbread 


I have two words. Top tier. I can’t explain it, but cornbread has this addictive flavor to it. I know it’s just bread haha, but it’s just so good! I really can’t describe it better than that.

Stuffing/Dressing 


This could go either way. I expect a lot of people to not eat dressing. Even though it’s really cornbread mixed with some meat and different vegetables, I think it’s decent. A great compliment. My mom's version is certainly. However, this dish you can mess up very easily and a lot of people have a hard time making good dressing. This one really boils down to whether you like it or not, just like that.

So which one would I pick to go from the 5 options specifically? 

Man, that’s so hard, I love food too much. Especially Thanksgiving food.
Why is that the good Thanksgiving dishes have the most controversies?
Eh, I guess I’ll let the dressing go first. Dressing isn’t anything too special. Plus it’s not something you eat regularly anyway, so it won’t matter if it’s gone. So yeah, dressing it is. Sorry, you stuffing lovers! 

Let me know what food you’ll drop and what you’ll look forward to for Thanksgiving! Happy holidays! 


Comments

  1. It would have to be the greens or cornbread for me. I just love my other sides too much haha. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment